New Thing # 44

Date:- 30th November 2009
New Thing:- Donate to the Salvation Army

Branden and I went to Walmart today and standing outside was a guy collecting money for the Salvation Army, ringing his bell. I was a little disappointed that he wasn't dressed as Santa. I thought Salvation Army collectors dressed as Santa. Although, having just searched Google Images for a picture I couldn't find any Santas, so I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I've never given money to a Salvation Army bell ringer before, so I dropped a couple of dollars in his pot. Branden said that when you donate money they're supposed to stop ringing their bell for 10 seconds, and he was right. Ten seconds of blissful silence! I never realised how annoying that bell ringing was until I was sat for an hour waiting for a bus having to listen to it. If I'd had the money I'd have donated more just to shut him up. Which is how they make their money I guess.

0 comments: