New Thing # 49

Date:- 2/12/09 - 7/12/09
New Thing:- Go a week without checking Facebook

I failed. Miserably. I only managed to last five days. When you don't have access to the internet, it's incredibly easy to not check facebook. However, when you have the internet and are on it nearly all day it's practically impossible.

I nearly failed half hour after I started. I posted a message on facebook saying that I wouldn't be on, at 1.40am on December 2nd. By 2.00am I remembered that Jen and I had been messaging on facebook while I was away and she'd panic if she didn't hear from me in a week. I nearly gave up then. But I ended up getting Neil to text her.

Then I nearly failed again when I woke up the next morning. When I wake up, usually before I even get out of bed, I check my email, I check Ravelry and I check facebook. Caught myself just in time. The next day or two wasn't so bad, but then I wrote that note about needed challenges on my blog and automatically typed in Facebook into the address bar so I could write a note asking for challenges. I didn't click 'go', but it was a close call.

After that it got painful. I kept wanting to upload photos, or check some groups, or just check statuses. It was hell! In the end I gave up. I went on Facebook about 4 in the morning on December 7th. So, fail. Starting in 2010, when I fail a challenge I'll be donating £5 to charity.

0 comments: