Shuntbumping - Round 1

Shuntbumping is all part of this Quidditch Hogwarts Swap I'm doing. Let me quote the blog:

"In the days before Quidditch became the most popular of broom games, the game of Shuntbumps was popular in Devon, England. This ancient sport was a crude form of jousting, the aim being to knock all other players off their brooms, the winner being the last person remaining on their broom.

We will be resurrecting this ancient pre-cursor to Quidditch by having our own Shuntbumps knockout competition in HSKS9. Each week we will have a Shuntbumps contest in which pairs of players compete to finish a knit or crochet project assigned by the Shuntbumping Co-ordinators. The winner of each pairing will be the first to POST A PICTURE of their finished item within this Shuntbumps arena. Winners go on to the next week’s contest and losers are knocked out. The overall winners will be the last surviving Shuntbumper in each league (knit/crochet) once all other’s are knocked out.

Completed projects can either be donated to SPEW, local charities, or used as holiday gifts for friends and relatives. And of course the overall Shuntbumps winners will receive a prize."


I entered in the crochet league, not expecting to get very far considering I've been crocheting for a month. I wasn't even expecting to pass the first round. Especially when I found out that my opponent has been crocheting for 4 years. But I waited (slightly obsessively) at the time the pattern was due to be posted, refreshing the page every five seconds. And as soon as it went up I dropped the project I was working on - Michaela's christmas present - and picked up my hook and some lovely blue yarn I brought today. Then I made this...



I posted the picture on the blog and, as far as I can tell, my opponent hasn't finished yet. That means I won! Woohoo :D

That is also, by the way, the reason I don't wear hats. Especially not beanies. I will probably be giving this to someone else. Although, my craftsmanship isn't good enough to wear I don't think. I may put little handles on it and call it a basket. Who knows.

Point is, I won!! GO MAGPIES!!!

1 comments:

Congrats on your Shuntbumping win. Great looking hat for only 1 month crocheting.

Well good luck next round even if it is against an Arrow!