Another move?

A week or so ago mum's cat gave birth to yet another litter of kittens. I decided that I want one of them, that I regret giving up Gadget. I REALLY want a pet. So, I had my darling best friend work her womanly charms on my landlord to find out if I'm allowed a kitten. My arguments being..

1) I've looked after a cat successfully for four years
2) The kitten would be coming from a home that already had a dog so she shouldn't have a problem with Ebony
3) I could bring the kitten home with me after Christmas and if Ebony had a problem with her I could always send her back with Michael. Could I at least have her for a trial?

He said no. When I originally interviewed for the place, he said pets were allowed. Now he says no to a dog, no to a cat. I want a pet!! I tried having a guinea pig, and I didn't get anything from it other than a messy floor. I want a pet I can interact with. I miss Gadget so much more than I ever thought I would. I miss her so much it hurts to think about her still, a year after I gave her away. I want a pet.

I'm sat in the computer room on Portland campus and I'm trying not to cry, I'm so disappointed about not being allowed the kitten. I'm seriously considering moving. Again.

Since I came to Stoke-on-Trent in January 2005 I've moved 3 times. My plan had been to stay at where I am now until I graduate and then move to Preston to be with Neil and we can get a pet together. But I'm not sure I can survive another year and a half without a pet. It actually hurts. I'm so tired of coming home and being alone. I want a dog or a cat I can play with and cuddle up with.

So, when I get home I'm gonna look at some ads and see what the chances are of moving, again. Anyone know of any places, in a shared house or not, within access of a bus route, that'd let me have a pet?

0 comments: