Shuntbumping - Round 2

Otherwise known as... FAIL

I had a suspicion I'd fail round 2 as soon as I saw the pairings. My opponent has been crocheting for 30 years, and was the overall winner of round one. She finished her hat hours before I did. But, I kept my hopes up. Who knew? She could be delayed getting the pattern.

So, 1pm comes around and I'm happily sat at the computer waiting for the pattern release. CRAP. Mittens. Baby mittens. Beginning with crocheting in rows. I have never made gloves of any sort, in any technique, and I've never crocheted in rows. Screwed, screwed, screwed. But I started anyway, and did the cuff okay, I think. Just after I finished the cuff of the first glove, my opponent posted to inform everyone that she'd finished the first mitten already. Not good.

Then, as I was doing the rounds for the main glove, it started to shrink. I'm pretty sure it was meant to get wider. I'm screwed.



It's not over yet of course, my opponent hasn't posted. Is it wrong for me to wish she suddenly gets four thousand visitors and no time to stitch?

UPDATE: I lost. Here are my opponent's mittens.



For anyone interested, here is the pattern we had to follow, and this is what they were meant to look like.



Now go back and look at mine again. I might have been defeated by my opponent, but I won't be defeated by all the mittens in the world. When I don't have two papers to write, I'm going to find an adult sized pattern and have another go. I'll let you know if I succeed.

2 comments:

Good luck on your mittens!

 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8320043.stm
Of interest to you?