New Thing # 32

Date:- October 10th 2009
New Thing:- Taste a moose

This weekend I went into the mountains with Marnie (a friend from class) and her husband Del. A wonderful couple who heard that I wanted to see a moose and invited me to stay at her cabin in Avon, Maine, and see if we could find one.

We didn't see any moose, but a friend had given her some moose steak from a bull that he had shot. And she cooked it for me for dinner. HUGE steak!! But then, they got 900lbs of meat from the moose. Lots of meat on those things.



Marnie cooked them up with some sherry (I think, it may have been port. Is that the same thing?) and some garlic. The following pictures were taken by Marnie. She's actually a good photographer. These are blurry because she was a) a little tipsy and b) giggling with delight.





It was actually quite tasty. Tasted like normal steak, but slightly odd. Nice odd. And something new. Still, I hope to see a live moose at some point before I leave Maine.

2 comments:

That steak looks delicious! Hope you enjoyed your time away at the cabin

 

port and sherry are two different liquors.

have any leftovers? :)

Elanor