Bad Stitching Day

Today has been one of those days when I couldn't focus on any of the work I had to do, so I've been working on various stitching projects. I have never had a stitching session go so badly.

First I got tangled and wasted half a roll of elastic trying to elasticate the holes of the wrist warmers I brought at the Common Ground fair. Then I spent a couple of hours making stitchmarkers for swaps, only to discover that my knots weren't big enough and watching them all fall apart. Two hours of work, one stitchmarker saved. Then I had to patch up my shorts. The shorts are patched, but in the process I managed to jam a sewing needle into my thumb nail. Halfway down. There's a nice red line under my nail now and it flipping hurts! Then the sodding needle broke ten minutes later. Then I managed to spill Sunkist all over the ________ I'd been making for my HSKS spoilee. Then I decided to make a granny square from the Malabrigo I got in a swap the other day, and managed to tangle the whole flipping skein. I'm about to spend the next three hours untangling it.

I am not having a good stitching day. Which is frustrating. When I have edgy days I have a few sources of safety. Neil is 3000 miles away. Jen is 3000 miles away. I've already eaten a ton of food today. And stitching is hating me!

0 comments: