New Thing # 34

date:- October 21st 2009
new thing:- go to a pep rally

Fall Fest here at USM is the equivalent of homecoming at other universities, but since we don't have a football team we can't actually have homecoming. There are lots of events going on - banner contest, pep rally and bonfire, midnight madness sports games, a quidditch match, and iron chef competition, a t-shirt making party, USM olympics, movie showings, scavenger hunts, pumpkin carving contest and probably some other things. And there are teams. I'm in the International Living and Learning Community (ILLC) team. We made our banner last night. We get points just for showing up to events.

This evening was the bonfire and pep rally. I went along, partly because we get points just for going, and partly because I've always wanted to go to one. I'm kinda obsessed with that typical American school experience thing, in case you hadn't noticed. It was okay. The bonfire was small but pretty. I met a giant husky, I got some pompoms. But the music wasn't really my style, and it was a little dull, so I was only there for half an hour. But I did get a really funky picture, by accident. I was aiming at the fire, and the camera was being an arse, and took the picture just as I was giving up.





0 comments: