A Rare Stitching Blog

Haven't done one of these in a while, but I'm about to blog about stitching. When I went to Walmart the other week with the other internationals I was amazed at the size of the place. It was absolutely ginormous, and had just about anything you could think of for sale. I turned a corner at one point and spotted a nice wall of yarn. First I squealed, then I took a picture...



...and then spent twenty minutes stoking the yarn and trying to decide what stuff to buy. I chose a nice blue yarn for my darling GKL and some delicious purples/blues stuff for me. Back home I tried to figure out what to do with it. I'd already brought one knitting project (and several embroidery projects) with me, but I've never been one to ignore a bout of startitis. I spent an hour or two browsing this wonderful site, and finally came up with a pattern. For a stocking. Only problem was that it involves some Short Row Shaping. This is a, theoretically, easy knitting technique, but I'm 3000 miles away from my GKL who rescues me when I get stuck.

BUT...

With the help of a Youtube tutorial, I managed to do it. I completed the project, with my first ever attempt at short row shaping, without having to rip it back once! I'm so proud :D



And I can 100% guarantee that GKL will be proud of me too.

0 comments: