Has anyone seen my sense of balance?

I appear to have left it in England. Today I took tumbles number 2 and 3 in two weeks. First in the cafeteria, over absolutely nothing. I just tripped. Luckily the room was practically empty. Everyone appears to have gone home for the Labor Day weekend. Then, whilst fleeing in shame, I fell down the bloody stairs. I was holding on to the railing, so I yanked my wrist too. Yummy.

I'm such a klutz.

In other news, last night was fun. I was sat in the cafeteria doing some reading and ran into Holly and Geni and Johnny and Jaap. After finishing up we ended up downstairs at the CIA openhouse. That's Campus Involvement and Activities, not the security people. I sat and watched them play Rock Band for a while, getting more and more interested and more and more confused. I played Taboo with Holly and Geni and Katie, which is a very very cool game. I'm adding it to my Christmas list. I acquired helium balloons and laughed myself silly, which is tradition for helium balloon antics. Back in the Philippi tv lounge there was a ping pong ball fight, and I actually played ping pong. I played! I joined in! Go me!

I sat and watched most of a Margaret Cho dvd with Billy and Aimee and Ryan. Ms Cho is funny. I've seen better, but she's funny. It's all about the facial expressions. Then... then I did New Thing # 26. For that though you'll have to read my next entry.

I had a good night. I pushed some of my boundaries, and I joined in, and I had lots of fun. Didn't get to sleep until 3 am, but it was fun. Now I'm completely and utterly exhausted. Very, VERY exhausted. I kinda wish I could go to sleep and wake up next week. Technically I could do that, as I have nothing to do tomorrow (aside from a Maine Culture Share in the TV lounge) and no classes Monday (but I am going to my first baseball game). But I also have a lot of reading to do. Speaking of which, I better get started.

0 comments: