Classes continue

Yesterdays classes were a mixed bag. First of all I managed to miss my Politics of Maine lecture. The building it was in was insane, and I had two different locations written down. I looked for about an hour, then started to cry so I gave up and sat in the quad outside Luther Bonney for a bit.

My second class was Early 20th Century US History, which was interesting. The lecturer is a little insane, but it'll make things interesting I guess. All of the rooms I've been assigned to have those stupid fixed desk chairs. I haven't actually tested one yet to see if I fit. Although I do plan to at some point. In US History I sat in one with a semi desk, and it kinda poked into my belly a bit. For a 1 hour 15 minute class it's okay I suppose, but still annoying. The good news in the class that two of the books on the list were either/or, I didn't need both. Yes! There's some money saved.

After that I had a four and a half hour break before my next class, so I ran some errands. FINALLY found a post office, and posted off some swaps packages and a couple of postcards. Then I went on a hunt for sun lotion, which I finally found in the same shop that was selling big packs of Twizzlers for a dollar. Needless to say, some Twizzlers were purchased. I also went past an IHOP, which I'm looking forward to going to visit. PANCAKES!!! Yummy.

My Holocaust class was... interesting. There was a fire drill in the first half hour, but after that we watched two videos. One was a tour of Auschwitz, with some historical video and photographs. The director showed us the ceiling of the gas chamber, where the people had clawed at the concrete ceiling. It was, like I said, upsetting. It's a very intense course, and we've only had the first class. I'm glad I have Wednesdays off. After a late night on Tuesdays (I didn't get back to my dorm until half eleven) and such an intense class, having the next day off is gonna be useful.

And speaking of today, I spent a lot of it sleeping. I also spoke to my handsome Neil, since I now have a phone line. If anyone wants to give me a ring, feel free! Message me and I'll get you the number. Also, if anyone wants to send me any post, that'd be very gratefully received.

This evening our RA Aimee ran a crafty event upstairs. We were decorating whiteboards to stick on our doors for messaages. I did one with all types of different purples, surprise surprise, and then started a big eyes poster. I'll post pictures when they're dried and finished. It was fun, chatting away and cutting and gluing. Kinda made me miss my Brownies though. I might write them a letter sometime soon.

PS> If anyone is interested, here is the link for the blog I mentioned needing to do for my Maine History course.

1 comments:

I don't know if there'll be any near where you are, but if you find one you should definitely go to "The Cheesecake Factory" :) Never have I seen such huge slices of lovely cheesecake! The starter we ate was good too (skipped main entirely cos we wanted cheesecake!) If you do go, they will actually let you take your leftovers home, something we wish we'd known as no one managed all their dessert!
http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com