New Thing # 15

Week 15: 6th April 2009 – 12th April 2009

Date:- 12th April 2009
New Thing:- apologise to five people for things I've done in the past

Yet again, another task that wasn't half as easy as it sounds. I thought it would be quick and simple, but not only was it hard and slow, but it was almost painful. Some of my apologies were, while not insignificant, a little less severe than others. At least one of them was downright terrifying. The person involved and I have reached a new, tentative state of friendship, and I was so very scared that apologising would aggravate the old wounds and demolish the new friendship. Whether or not I have ruined it remains to be seen.

Apologising/confessing is meant to clear your head and make you feel better. I don't feel better. I feel lousy. All I've done is make myself hate myself a little bit more.

Next week's challenge is going to be much more cheerful.

0 comments: