Ladies and Gentlemen...

I HAVE A VISA APPOINTMENT!!!

I scanned my police certificate and accompanying form and emailed them off last Friday. I had an auto-reply email telling me that within five working days I'd receive an email telling me whether or not to call for an appointment. I opened my email Monday morning when I woke up, and there it was. 07.59, "we are now in a position to offer you an appointment." Five working days my ass. I don't know what time the embassy opens. I assume about half seven, so my prescreening process took all of 29 minutes. This has got to be a good sign.

So I called the appointment line, spoke to a very rude scottish lady, and got an appointment. 8am on Friday. It was either that or August 12th. I didn't wanna cut it that close, so I took the one for this Friday, even though I wasn't entirely sure how to get to London for that early in the morning.

Turns out the first train gets into London at half eight. Too late. The first coach gets in at 10.20am. Bad news. The good news, however, is that the last coach on Thursday leaves at 1.35am and arrives in London at 6.20. Perfect. So I'll be sleeping on a coach on Thursday. Yay.

I have all my forms filled out, I have everything I need, I've booked the coach and printed off the tickets. All I need is to find somewhere that'll do me a passport pic sized 2 inches by 2 inches.

0 comments: