New Thing # 42

Date:- 26th November 2009
New Thing:- Thanksgiving in America

I've celebrated Thanksgiving before. Jen and I had a highly successful celebration with Luke and Bryan a few years ago. And chances are that we'll do it again. However, this was the first time I celebrated Thanksgiving in America, with Americans. I went to my friend Marnie's (she's the one who fed me the moose steak. She and her husband Del invited me in with open arms and I spent the day with them, Marnie's sister Karen and her two teenage kids Kate and George - who are very cool, and Marnie and Del's daughter Mariah, her husband Christopher and their absolutely beautiful little kids Hannah and Andrew.

It was a great day. When I arrived I watched the Macy's parade on the television, which is traditional. We had delicious food, including cranberry sauce straight from the can - it was sliced! After dinner Christopher took on the role of uncle who falls asleep and snores in the living room. It was a great day!





0 comments: