Yet another branch of stitchwork

So, I cross stich, embroider, crochet and knit. I also make little felt stuffs. And now, now I sew too. Thanks to Walmart and their $1 fabric squares. I started to make a christmas tree advent calendar ages ago. Since then I've collected a whole back of different fabrics, and a strong desire to purchase a sewing machine.

Here's the final project:



And here are the lessons I've learned:

1 - Patterns exist for a reason. When you wing it, you end up making big mistakes.

2 - When you're cutting out a shape to sew, you need to leave a border.

3 - Sew numbers and things on to pockets BEFORE you sew the whole project together. And/or learn to draw accurately with fabric paints.

4 - When making pockets, make them big enough to put something in.

5 - I need a sewing machine. Sewing by hand takes forever.

6 - Get some wadding, or accept the fact that you'll be using old clothes to pad things out.

0 comments: