November so far

Since Halloween I've had a fairly eventful week, mostly thanks to my new friend Branden.



Sunday night was the British Culture Share here on the international floor of Philippi Hall. My fellow Brits prepared a scrumptious feast, starting with scones with clotted cream and jam, with good old English tea, followed by Toad in the Hole (try explaining to an American what toad in the hole is) with mash and gravy, and topped off with apple crumble, victoria sponge and vanilla ice cream. It all went down a big success. Everyone loved the food. Including me! Made me a little nostalgic for home. I've been really missing roast dinners, and the toad in the hole made me miss it even more. That and Crunchies!! If anyone fancies posting me a couple of Crunchies, feel free!!!!

After the culture share Branden and I stayed in the TV lounge watching movies til silly o'clock in the morning, which has become a bit of a habit. We've done the same thing most nights this week. I've watched more movies this week than I've watched since I got here and discovered Hulu.

Tuesday night I went back to TnT, despite last week's Harry Potter fiasco. We did quite well. At a certain point we were winning, but apparently general knowledge is not our teams forte and we ended up losing miserably. It's the damn negative marking. In the later rounds, if we get a question wrong you lose loads of points. I won't be going next week - it's a sport theme and I know absolutely nothing about sport, plus I should really make an appearance to class. But I'll be there the week after for the American themed one. The organiser thinks it'd be hilarious if a Brit won the American themed quiz.

Wednesday was the USM talent show. There were only five competitors, but Holly (one of the Brits) was in it, so we all went along to cheer her on. Unfortunately she was robbed, but she came in third place. I still think she should have won.

And yesterday was the best day of all so far. Branden and I had planned to go see a proper movie in a movie theater, (ooo look at me with my American vernacular) but I overslept so we missed it. But I had an appointment to get tattooed, and I made that. I'd gone in last week and made the appointment, to get a little tattoo for their minumum price of $70. I'd narrowed it down to 4 separate ones, but I couldn't decide. Even sat in Starbucks ten minutes before the appointment I still couldn't decide. So I asked the artist what it'd cost for two. $80. An extra tattoo for ten bucks? Hell yeah!



After the delightful, painful, erotic, wonderful experience that is getting inked, we went shopping. I dragged Branden in to the yarn store cos I had some stuff to get, and he ended up sat next to an old lady who taught him how to crochet. It was hilarious. I'm vaguely jealous about how quickly he picked it up though. It took me forever.

On to the mall to buy giant fluffy purple slippers and a movie called "The Night of 1000 Cats". Lol. It was a good day. I like having new friends.

1 comments:

OMB! I wish we had a Brit night around here. That foods sounds amazing. I have always wanted to try clotted cream.

I love your tattoo's!. Mario is still my favorite video game of al time.