Orientation Adventures

Today has been uber busy, and yet again my ankle is killing me, but it's all been worth it. Orientation day 1 is over, and I have lots of paperwork to sort out. Yay!

Everything started this morning when we climbed onto a school bus. We were all hoping it would be yellow, but it was unfortunately white :( There was some discussion about spray painting it, but we never got around to it. There were issues with the body count, but we left eventually and got to see our first glimpse of the Portland campus. The Portland bit is a city campus, and not nearly so pretty as Gorham, but it was still nice.

Pictures are being added regularly (with any luck) to my Facebook account. For those of you who have already added me, go here, if you're not my Facebook friend, just add me. I'll be putting pictures on here if they're appropriate, but won't bombard the blog with millions of pictures.

After being given the book with a zillion pieces of paper to sort out, and listening to people talk at us, we were given lunch, then there were more talks and things. After that though I skipped out, since I'd already set up my email account and been to the bookstore. Instead I went to the nearest Credit Union and opened a checking account (I have an American checking account!) and then I went to the local supermarket. That's this place...




There are loads of them all over the place. And this particular one was HUGE! Full of lots of goodies to explore and get fat on. Like FLUFF!!



This is the most delicious stuff ever and in England it's like gold dust. As far as I'm aware it's only sold in Selfridge's, for more than a fiver for a jar half that size. That HUGE tub I brought today was just $1.70. And they have Lindor Lindts too, $6 for two packs. Including peanut butter ones. I'll be going back for them tomorrow. Spent a fortune on books and opening checking accounts today.

Note to self, also need to purchase sunblock. I caught the sun a bit today, I'm a nice glowy red colour.

Also, the list of countries that the internationals are from has increased... Uzbekistan, Iraq, Libya, Peru and China.

Right, off to bed. More orientation tomorrow!

0 comments: