2009 Begins

I can honestly say that I did not see in the New Year alone. I was supposed to. My plan was stitching and eating in front of Big Fat Quiz of the Year, which conveniently finished at 5 past midnight. But then LB and his girlfriend S came home a little early. LB is a friend of my housemate NW. NW is away this week, as is my other housemate (who's also an L, let's call him JL, GKL will understand why). Anyway, LB and S were using this place for a night and they went off about seven or eightish. At a quarter to midnight they came home, about six or seven hours early. Apparently S had gotten a little too drunk a little too quickly and, after depositing her in bed, LB came down and sat with me for an hour or so.

I thought LB was cute from the first time I saw him. I now have a fully fledged crush. He was slightly pissed himself, and I was so very tempted to make a move, but didn't in the end. It would have been tacky, what with his girlfriend unconscious upstairs.

Still, I wasn't alone for New Year. I have been alone since New Year though. All my friends are out of town. Bored. I'm very tempted to order a large Domino's, except that would be breaking one of my resolutions before the end of day 1. Actually it wouldn't, as long as I pointed it up. I can have 30 points, which is a lot, cos I'm a heffer. A Domino's pizza is probably about 60 (may be exaggerating, I don't know), so as long as I only eat half I'll be fine. Alternatively, I could walk over to Tesco and get junk food that I can actually work out the points in. Even better, I could go downstairs and cook some of the food that I already have and doesn't involve spending any money. I need to tidy up anyway.

As for my other resolutions... we're now 4 days into week one and I haven't done anything new yet, but I know what I'm going to do. I'm working on a Tigger Christmas cross stitch thing, and it calls for an awful lot of french knots which I just cannot do (let me just point out that I don't know anyone who can). I've been meaning to try adding seed beads to my stitchwork and this is the perfect opportunity. All I need to do is finish stitching the background and do the outlining and I can do New Thing 1: Add seed beads to embroidery.

I can officially say that I haven't missed any lectures this year, but only because there haven't been any yet. I do need to do two hours revision though, according to my timetable.

So, things to do tonight...

1) tidy up downstairs before housemates come home
2) find food (Tesco or not) and make sure I point
3) work on cross stitch, need to finish before the week is out
4) 2 hours Contemporary America revision

Also, take rubbish out and have a shower. Gee, 2009 is shaping up to be so exciting.

0 comments: