New Things # 2

Week 2: 5th January 2009 - 11th January 2009

Date:- January 9th 2009
New Thing:- peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Considering I refer to myself as an 'American born in the wrong county' it's always been a bit of a travesty that I've never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (For you poor English fools that's peanut butter and jam). I think the main reason I've never tried it was because it sounds, quite frankly, gross. Other than a once-a-year craving for jam sandwiches I don't actually like jam.

However, to be a true American I should at least try one, so I gathered up some bread and peanut butter and the teeniest tiniest pot of strawberry jam I could find - a 42g taster jar of Strawberry Conserve Jam. I also got a packet of Oreos to go with it, cos what's a sandwich without some cookies?

I spread peanut butter on one slice, jam on the other:-



Looks weird doesn't it? Then I did what felt very unnatural and pressed the two slices together. After that I got distracted and didn't even notice I was taking a bite until the taste hit me.

It was... surprisingly not bad. Quite nice. Delicious even. I may have another in a minute. I'm not really surprised. After all, I was the kid who had Marmite and ketchup sandwiches at her birthday parties.

0 comments: