Update, drunkeness, stupid timetablers and other bits

I'm aware I haven't written in a week and a bit. Things are a bit hectic, and it doesn't help that Archimedes (my beloved laptop) is ridiculously slow cos it doesn't have enough memory).

First of all, I did do a New Thing last week, but I did it Thursday night, and was too tired to write it up before I went to bed, and Friday morning things went a bit kablooey with N. I had an episode, then ended up going to Preston to sort things out, and I never got round to writing it up. I will do it though. Later.

Got home Sunday and fell asleep, had lectures Monday, went to Pyrates and played video games (well, GKL and I knitted while everyone else played video games), came home and fell asleep. Tuesday was Refresher's Fayre at Keele, where C and I signed up 16 new people for Stitch and Bitch. Have I mentioned C? He's lovely. Rapidly becoming a very good friend, even if he has broken his coccyx on my front steps.

Last night (Tuesday) I had some friends over for an End of Exams Board Games extravaganza evening. IMP came, and two others from KURA, and GKL and C. It was a good night. We spent half an hour attempting play Chalenji, which I DID NOT buy (I won it in a radio competition over Christmas), then we gave up on board games altogether and spent all night playing "I Have Never..." which usually gets me very drunk because I've done a lot, and last night was no exception.

GKL was a lot more drunk than me though. It was funny. Good to see her let her hair down though. Metaphorically speaking, since she had all her hair chopped off a few weeks ago. She and IMP had a goodbye snog, and he called her after he'd left to ask her out. She's now dating four people. Lol. I don't mind, but I think her Catholic guilt is getting to her a little bit.

I made a discovery about my drinking capabilities this morning though. Once I get past the point where I can still be called sober, I am guaranteed to get a hangover. It is inevitable and unavoidable. However, the more I drink, the less harsh that hangover will be. For instance, last week I got rip-roaringly smashed and had barely a headache. Last night I wasn't half as drunk, but today I've felt terrible. I woke up queasy, was queasy most of the day, have had horrible headache all day and slept for most of it (after a nasty Keele incident which I will explain in a minute). Another thing I've discovered about my drinking is that once I've slept off my hangover, I'm completely ravenous and could eat a sodding horse.

And so to the nasty Keele incident... This morning I dragged myself out of my semi-drunken stupor, sat on a wobbly bus for thirty minutes trying not to puke, hung around outside a lecture hall having people try and initiate conversations with me (why do people only do that when I'm clearly incapable of comprehensible discussion?), gathered with two hundred odd students in a small corridor, only to find that the stupid timetabling people doublebooked the bloody lecture hall and my lecture was cancelled. I had no other reason to be on campus so I slowly stumbled back to the bus stop to take another vomit-inducing half hour bus journey to return to my semi-drunken stupor. Stupid timetabling bastards. Is no one at Keele capable of a decent bit of organisation? Gimme a desk and a computer and I could sort that place out, let me tell you.

And so here I am, still tired (my antidepressants make me tired ALL the time, very annoying, but better than being almost constantly suicidal) and tapping away on Archimedes' broken keyboard, deciding whether I can legitimately go back to bed three hours after getting up from sleeping all day, or whether I should sort stuff out and do some work.

I also need to decide what this week's New Thing will be. I might wear odd shoes tomorrow.

Oh, PS> I'm a twitter now, if anyone is interested. Find me at http://twitter.com/CleoCeleenaCree

0 comments: