New Thing # 1

Week 1: 29th December 2008 - 4th January 2009

Date:- January 4th 2009
New Thing:- embroidery with seed beads.

I've always wanted to try this, but have never gotten around to it - partly because the fiddliness intimidated me.

Over Christmas I started a Tigger Christmas cross stitch and then discovered it involves about a bajillion french knots, which not only do I find impossible, but I don't know anyone who can do them. A ha! A perfect opportunity to try using seed beads.

Here's the piece all done up to the point where the french knots should be next:-



It occurred to me at this point that I wasn't sure if there was a specific technique I should use. I should probably have looked. I didn't. I just went for it. I didn't follow the initial french knots pattern either. I just added them where it seemed appropriate. But, I added them:-



I think it looks good. Whether it looks good by next Christmas remains to be seen. Let's hope the beads stay attached!

0 comments: