Updates and procrastination

First off, second date went well :D We snuggled on the sofa and watched Blackadder, Batman and the Avengers. Yes, we're both geeks. Mostly hand holding, one kiss. He ended up staying the night because he missed the last bus. It was ridiculously nice to spend the night curled up in someone's arms again. I've missed that. Facebook status changed, therefore it's official. I have a lovely boyfriend. Sweet, slightly inexperienced, and lovely :D

Secondly, I have finished my purple knitted monkey. Sort of. He has the two heads, two bodies, four legs and four arms. He has two slightly odd-looking ears. I've run out of yarn before I could make his tail though. Need to go to Abakhan and get a new ball, and a darning needle so I can make a tail and stitch him up. Also need eyes. That reminds me, was gonna check ebay for safety eyes. I also decided he needs a bit on his face to make him look monkey-like. Will keep you posted.

Thing is, it's Sunday. Abakhan is shut. Can't finish monkey. Should finish monograms for my grandparent's calendars (one is all done, just needs making up. The other needs the background finishing.) Am actually looking for knitting patterns (not that I can understand most of them. If I like the picture, I'll bookmark it and get GKL to translate). And making a list of things to buy in Abakhan tomorrow. I want double-ended needles. At the Stitch and Bitch meeting on Thursday, C was making gloves on four needles. Since then I've been itching to learn how to perl (or is purl?) so I can do 2 x 2 rib. No idea what I'd do with it. I don't wanna make gloves, but I wanna knit something on 4 needles, in 2 x 2 rib. I'm weird. I don't have any yarn suitable for that, so must add that to list too.

GKL has a lot to answer for. I have enough addictions as it is, why did she have to give me another one?

And let's not forget the fact that while I'm wasting my Sunday afternoon thinking of more and more ambitious knitting projects (my blanket patches are on hold for while I'm my Mum's over Christmas, where GKL won't be able to bail me out of any mess-ups), I have an essay due Friday and another one due the Friday after.

I have started both essays, honest. I started the one due this week (Contemporary America) about a month ago. Did five hundred words, plus the bibliography. Had a good start, was on a roll. Haven't touched it since. The other one (American Literature) had to wait until after the Critical Report (aka essay plan) had been done, handed in and returned. I've had it a week. I really should start writing the essay. I've created a Word document for it. Typed up the title, done the header and the bibliography. All it needs now is words. That's the difficult part.

On top of essays and stitching, my room is a pigsty, I have washing up to do, and laundry. I have a Brownies' Christmas Party to prepare for, Christmas presents to wrap, Christmas cards to write, trash to take out, exam revision to do, a Volunteer Experience workbook to fill in, a Study Abroad programme budget to work out, survey reports to read for the Staff Student Liaison Committee meeting on Tuesday, and countless other little tasks to do/finish/start. But here I am, still in bed, completely unable to stop typing random codswallop on my blog.

In a few minutes I'll run out of steam and actually publish the post. Then I'll get on with essays and chores and stitching. Right after I've checked every aspect of Facebook, been on ebay and found stuff to buy next week with money I can't really afford but will spend anyway, checked all my email accounts, checked all my funnies (sites like Lolcatz and things) for updates and eaten half a cantaloupe.

Gotta love procrastination.

0 comments: