Fully assimilated

This evening GKL and I are going to Birmingham to watch the lovely Puppini Sisters. Since I had a seminar at 1, and am too broke to afford the bus home (yes, really), it was agreed that I'd spend a few hours in the library and GKL'd pick me up on the way out of town.

Not a problem. However, when I made this plan, I assumed I'd be frantically attempting to finish an essay and that the four hours would fly by quickly. I finished the essay during a six hour library stint yesterday - eventually. I finished the first draft and still needed five hundred words, so I went away and did more research and worked a bit more. Great, do a word count.... must be close... bollocks. 1000 words over. Took ages to sort. But sort I did. Finish I did. Print I did. Hand it in this morning I did. A whole day early too, go me!

But, that burst of enthusiasm and eagerness means I don't have an essay to desperately finish during this four hour library visit today. I could be working on the other essay I have due. Except that I left all my paperwork and my usb pen at home, not intending to touch it 'til at least Sunday. I have knitting in my bag - which is another story.

The monkey. I made it to Abakhan yesterday (which may be why I'm too broke to afford the bus home) and got a crochet hook and some double ended knitting needles, and a ball of pretty (purple, of course) Sirdar Click for experimenting with. Then I went looking for another ball of the purple wool with which to finish the monkey. No purple wool. I came out with a lilac-y one. I'm gonna do an insert for his ears, his bulbous mouth bit and his tail in the lilac.

So, I have knitting. I could go find a seat somewhere and knit. Except that I can't knit unless I'm talking to someone or watching a movie or something. I could listen to my mp3 player and try not to sing out loud, except that I left it at home. I brought my knitting for the trip to Birmingham.

I also have a book with me, Inkheart. For months I've been complaining that my American Literature module has left me with no time to read anything other than the required readings. Now that I've finished the last reading (not including re-reading some of them for exam revision) I can finally read what I want. I can finish Inkheart (which I started way back in October), except that now I can, I can't be arsed. Typical, contrary me.

So, what have I spent the last hour and 45 minutes doing? What am I likely to spend the next two hours doing?

Looking up knitting patterns. GKL would be proud.