Illness and Imps

I have the plague. I have had the plague for weeks, and it's not going away. Last week it took away my voice for two days. My voice is back, but I'm constantly sniffling, I feel hot all the time, and I have a horrible cough. Oh, and a complete inability to focus on anything. Which makes seminars interesting.

In other news, I finally stopped being a wuss last night and asked IMP if he'd even noticed I'd been flirting with him, or whether he was just playing his cards close to his chest. Turns out he'd noticed, and that he's just difficult to read. It was a date Sunday, and he is "certainly looking forward to seeing where a relationship between us goes." (I omitted his spelling mistake). So, this is good. It's also slow.

I was in a lecture with him earlier, and I had my leg pressed against his, which was warm and felt nice. But that's as physical as things have gotten. It's very strange. I'm not used to non-physical. The last first date I went on, I brought the guy home and he spent the weekend in my bed. Maybe that's where I keep going wrong. I love physical, I'm a very very physical person. But slow feels kinda nice. I'll keep you posted on how it works out.

And another thing, I don't know what it is about him, but he makes me shy. And kinda reserved. There's a minor age difference between us - don't get me started - and in the lecture this morning I was wondering if he was still a virgin, or if he'd ever had a girlfriend. Normally, I'd just come right out and ask. I'm not the sort of person to hold back. I'm open and honest to the point of being rude. But I couldn't ask him. Not to his face anyway. Maybe I'll text him, or wait 'til he's on MSN next.

This whole dating-people-you-already-know thing is very strange. It's completely unlike anything I'm used to. For the past decade (urk) I've chatted to a guy online a lot first. We've discussed past relationships and sex and expectations and everything else before we even meet. That hasn't happened this time. I don't know much at all about IMP. I know he likes heroes and villains, and Terry Pratchett, and Blackadder (he was appalled when he found out I've never seen any). And I know he plays Role Play games, and he's messy. That's about it. This new way of dating is strange and weird and making me feel a little like a novice. That might be a good thing, I suppose. Might help make the age gap seem a little smaller.

Oh, and I just realised that I posted the address for this blog as my handle on MSN. He could be reading every word. Urk. Double urk. Not that I'll take any of it down. If he is reading it, it's a good way to tell him things I can't say.

1 comments:

Isn't it useful to have a best frined who pokes her nose into your love-life? x x x