Snow days, doctors and knitting

So many things to write about, and I should write them now, while my keyboard is behaving itself.

Let's start with the weekend. The drunken Cthulhu session went well. Those guys are brilliant party guests. They came armed with LOADS of alcohol and snacks. I think it was a success. One of the few party attempts I've made that have gone well. I think I promised to tell you about one particular roleplay buddy. His name, for purposes here, is IMP. There's a story behind that, but you don't want to know. Over the past month or so I've found him increasingly more attractive, and (because we're mentally 14) my darling GKL told him I fancied him. He said that it would have taken him months to notice. He didn't say I wasn't his type (you wouldn't believe how many men say that), but he didn't say I was either.

Then, influenced slightly by alcohol on a night at the union last week, I asked him if he wanted to go see a movie with me. He said yes. Yay. The thing is, neither of us mentioned the word 'date'. Up until two minutes before we met up on Sunday, I wasn't sure whether it was a date, or just two friends going to see a movie. GKL had done a little research (she told him a little birdy told her we had a date) and he said "we might have ;)" I took that to be a good sign.

On with the date! It went well. We saw the movie, we had pizza. Nothing happened. No moves were made, but I had fun, and he seemed to. Then we met up with GKL because she had a crisis and we all came back to my house to decorate my teeny tiny Christmas tree. Comments were made by GKL and NW (my housemate) to the point where if IMP didn't realise it was a date and that I wanted him, he must be a complete moron.

GKL gave him a lift home and, naturally, did a little bit of debriefing. She reported back to me that he had a nice time, that he thinks I'm great as a friend, that he would like to see me again, and that there was a possibility of more. Oh, and that he thought I looked very nice. So, good. I think. It's been a long time since I've been on a first date. And I don't think I've ever been on a date with someone that was a friend first. All my first dates, since the age of 19, have been with people from the interweb.

Moving on... snow. It's two days into December, and it's snowed here on both days. I'm the only person hoping it snows every day. I love snow. It's very pretty. And cold. I like the cold. On the other hand, I have a bit of a dodgy ankle. I've damaged it enough in the past that last time (I chipped the ankle bone) the doctor said that it's more than likely I'll need an operation on the ligament if I damage it again. I was out shopping for approximately two hours earlier. In that time I almost slipped up at least fifteen times. I'd recommend to any gamblers out there that they take bets on me screwing my ankle up again by the end of the year.

What's next? Doctors. I've been meaning for ages to change GP surgeries, because the one I'm registered with currently are a) too far away and b) completely incompetent. There's one in Newcastle which would be perfect. The first time I went to register it was shut (apparently it's closed on Thursday afternoons), the 2nd time it was closed for lunch and I had somewhere to be. Today I finally made it. It was closed for lunch, but I waited, only to be told that I couldn't register there because I'm out of their catchment area. By three feet! I can see the edge of their catchment area from my window. Stupid people. That surgery is the most convenient for me locationwise, what with travelling back and forth to Keele all the time. But no, they have to be awkward. So now I have to find ANOTHER stupid GP surgery. Grrrr.

Finally, knitting. Or, more accurately, stitching. Having finished my Mother's Christmas present this week and realising I can knit as much as I want guilt free, I have managed to knit precisely zero rows. I started two cross stitched monogram calendars for my foster-grandparents yesterday. I got most of one done, and picked up my quilt knitting. I'm not sure if I've told you about my current works in progress (WIP) - but I'm making a patchwork quilt (32 patches down, 38 to go) and a purple monkey soft toy. I was happily knitting rows of a patch, when I had a realisation. In a week or two I go down to Basingstoke to spend the holidays with my Mum and sisters. I'll be taking various things to keep me busy. A Christmas jigsaw, a Christmas cross stitch kit and some knitting. Now, if I keep knitting my patches while I have spare time now, I'll have to take the monkey to Basingstoke. All good and well, until I reach the next stage where I need GKL's help. So, I've decided I'm not going to touch any patches until I get to Basingstoke. Monkey for Stoke, while GKL is available. Stockpile King Cole Twister yarn for blanket and take it down South in order to knit patches that need no assistance from GKL.

Phew! It's a long one, but I think I'm done for today.

0 comments: