Post Christmas, Pre New Year

Well, Christmas was... well it was Christmas. I got lots of goodies. A Ducktor Who, thanks to one of my fabulous friends, and lots of other nice bits and pieces. Lots of jewellery. Not much money, just £20. I've spent it already. Either on a lovely dress on eBay, or on some toys from lovehoney, depending on who you are.

Tomorrow N is coming down for a day or two. Not for New Year, cos he couldn't get the holiday days so late, but he's coming down. I decided that I do want him back, much to the disapproval of all my friends. GKL isn't pleased, L made insinuations that I'd lose him if I went out with N again. We aren't officially back together. Discussions need to be had, things adjusted and looked at. We'll do that while he's down, I guess. For now, my facebook status is "it's complicated".

Generally, I'm a little episodey at the moment. I love my family, I really do, but they drive me insane. I've realised that a week is the longest amount of time I can spend with them. I came away from that week completely edgy, and had an episode the second I got home and didn't have to hold it off. It was not a pretty sight. It's wearing off now a little.

I need to make some friends in Basingstoke, so that when I am down visiting with my family, I'll have a place to go to escape them. It was probably partly cabin fever down there that got me so worked up.

I have no plans for New Year now. My family are 220 miles away, my boyfriend (??!!) will be back at work, my best friend will be in the bosom of her own family (who have taken to rubbing their happy relationships in her poor, single, lonely face - my sympathy GKL), and all my other friends have gone home to the various towns across the country they come from. That's what I get for only making uni friends. I need to make friends with some townies.

So, my task for the next week or so, is to traverse this delight that is the interweb and find friends in Stoke-on-Trent and Basingstoke. Joy. Of course, I also have two exams to revise for, application forms to fill in for the Study Abroad programme, a complete shit-tip of a room to tidy up, and loads of other bits and pieces to work on.

0 comments: