More essay fun

Today I had planned to spend five hours working on my essay in the library before Cthulhu, right after I popped into town to get some food. Then I met up with GKL and she'd had a bit of a crisis, so I helped her and never went to the library.

It's okay, I'll spend all day tomorrow there, it's not due 'til Friday right?

WRONG!!

GKL and I were slothing on my bed and she asked if she could borrow the mini ruler in my filofax to measure her knitting. So I pull out the filofax, open it up to this week and....

Bollocks, piss, arse, crap, wank, tits, penis! Essay due in tomorrow. Oh dear. Where's the Pro Plus? Looks like I'm up all night.

Quick visit to Facebook to let everyone know I cocked up, cos that's what Facebook is for. And then I spot a friend's status. Saying she has a 3000 word essay to do. She's on the same module as me, but she must mean a different essay cos mine is only 2000 words. Right?

WRONG!!

So, not only do I have an essay to write tonight, but I have an extra thousand words to do. This was a couple of hours ago though. I'd already done 700 odd words on Monday, and it's now a finished first draft at 2200. Just need to edit, reorganise and pad it out a bit.

Still, a lesson has been learned. I'll never leave an essay 'til the last minute again after all this. Right?

0 comments: