Pancake Fail

Since my baking was going so well, I decided to make some pancakes. American style pancakes, not flimsy-ass English ones. I used this recipe. The batter came out looking like cake mix, but I made one anyway.



And that's the good side. The bottom was burnt. It tasted okay though. Cayden and I thought about it and decided that yogurt must be thinner over there because the batter was just too thick. We added a splash of water and Cayden cooked up a few more. They were actually delicious, but the recipe is just too odd. I did some surfing and couldn't find a single other recipe that used yogurt rather than milk. So I'm going to try again one day, with milk.

My biggest problem isn't the recipe, or the batter. It's the cooking. I can't keep them round (even with the use of a handy pancake shaper thingy) and I can't not burn them. They're meant to look like this...



Not like my major pancake fail. Oh well, I'll just have to practice and practice and practice.

0 comments: