30 Day Meme - Day 1

I was reading the archives of one of the crafting blogs I read, and I found this.

It's a 30 day meme challenge. The idea being that you blog every day for 30 days, about a different topic every day. Here are the topics:

Day 01 - your favourite song.
Day 02 - your favourite movie
Day 03 - your favourite television program.
Day 04 - your favourite book.
Day 05 - your favourite quote.
Day 06 - whatever tickles your fancy.
Day 07 - a photo that makes you happy.
Day 08 - a photo that makes you angry/sad.
Day 09 - a photo you took
Day 10 - a photo of you taken over ten years ago.
Day 11 - a photo of you taken recently.
Day 12 - whatever tickles your fancy.
Day 13 - a fictional book.
Day 14 - a non-fictional book.
Day 15 - a fanfic.
Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly).
Day 17 - an art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.).
Day 18 - whatever tickles your fancy.
Day 19 - a talent of yours.
Day 20 - a hobby of yours.
Day 21 - a recipe.
Day 22 - a website.
Day 23 - a YouTube video.
Day 24 - whatever tickles your fancy.
Day 25 - your day, in great detail.
Day 26 - your week, in great detail.
Day 27 - this month, in great detail.
Day 28 - this year, in great detail..
Day 29 - hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days.
Day 30 - whatever tickles your fancy.

The whole idea struck me as a great writer's block beater, so I'm going to attempt to write more than just a line or two each time. And here we go with day one:

My favourite song? This is one of those questions that drives me utterly barmy. On my Winamp playlist I have 3617 songs, a total of more than 207 hours of music. And I'm the obsessive type of person that goes through their music to make sure that there's nothing in there they don't like, and that there are no duplicates - yes I actually did that. So every single one of those 3617 songs is different, and every one is on the playlist because I like it. That doesn't even include all my Christmas music, or the new lot of 150 odd songs I got the other day but is in the "to check" folder. So, nearly 4000 songs. How am I meant to pick my favourite?

How do you look at a beach and pick your favourite grain of sand? How can you walk through a park and pick your favourite blade of grass, or a forest and pick your favourite tree? It's impossible! When asked the question, "What's your favourite song?" I tend to answer with whatever song I last listened to, or whatever song was stuck in my head at the time. Having said that, one of the challenges I might be doing this year is to create a playlist of my 101 favourite songs. Reducing 4000 to 101. Oh joy.

0 comments: