Quotes

It's been an odd week. I've been suffering from edginess all week (mainly because my nan had triple bypass surgery on Monday and I didn't get any news til Thursday) and it's been manifesting in excessive sleeping. Not so good, but I'm better now. Glad to report that my nan is doing well. It also helps that N seems to be coming out of his funk.

In not so good news both GKL and C had horrendous days yesterday, and the whole week has been hard for L. My heart and best wishes go out to all of them, and to anyone else who has to suffer car crashes, bank problems or family funerals.

It was mine and GKL's two year anniversary last weekend. When we talk about our anniversary like that it's no wonder that sometimes we get mistaken for a lesbian couple, and we do act like an old married couple sometimes. But she's officially the longest relationship I've ever had, and I love her dearly. Two down, forever to go.

It was also GKL's birthday on Wednesday and we gathered with some friends at her apartment to drink and prepare for a night in the Union. I have to say I enjoyed being at her place more than I enjoyed the Union. I'm not a dancer, so I much prefer house parties. Sitting around with a group of friends, chatting and laughing and drinking. Much more fun in my opinion.

I'd like to thank GKL and her lovely new fella IMP for horribly embarrassing me for most of the night. Quick sidenote to IMP - ALWAYS LEAVE AN ESCAPE ROUTE. Also, some general advice for everyone really - if you're going to attempt to set up a friend with someone, don't talk to the friend's boyfriend about how it's a good idea cos then she'll have more sex with him.

I did get some perfect quotes from the night though...

"Don't you think Osama Bin Laden has lovely eyes?" - SC

"Is it me, or are you dressed like a school girl?" GKL, at the Union, on School Uniform night.

I have some very... special... friends.

0 comments: