New Thing # 12

Week 12: 16th March 2009 – 22nd March 2009

Date:- 19th March 2009
New Thing:- see Cirque du Soleil

I have always wanted to see Cirque du Soleil. It's on my Bucket List. So, when a newsletter from Ents24 came through with the option to win tickets, I naturally entered. Twice. Once for the Liverpool show and once for the Birmingham show. A few days later I had 2 more emails from Ents24. The first was a "sorry you have not won tickets to see Cirque du Soleil in Liverpool." Meh, whatever. I'm used to losing. I almost deleted the second email before reading. I'm glad I didn't. I had won two tickets (RRP £50 each)! Woohoo! Colour me chuffed.

Here's my ticket (naturally GKL got the other one):-



And here's the compliments slip from the lovely Adele at Ents24:-



After weeks of excitement though, and two other circuses (Circus of Horrors and the Chinese State Circus) I was actually a little disappointed.

It was good, don't get me wrong. The acts were spectacular. It was the inbetween bits. They were artsy. And vaguely disturbing in a Fantasia/ballet kinda way. Like there was (possibly) a plot going on, I just didn't understand it. GKL loved it, but then she understands ballets.

I'm very glad I saw it, and I probably would have paid to see it, eventually. But I won't be paying to go again, at least not the Quidam show. Maybe I could give their next show a chance. After all, it is the Cirque du Soleil.

0 comments: