New Thing # 13

Week 13: 23rd March 2009 – 29th March 2009

Date:- 29th March 2009
New Thing:- identify 100 things that make me happy

My new thing for this week was meant to be tasting absinthe at a party last night, but I've been ill and never went. So today I had to find something reasonably quick to do. I've settled on identifying 100 things that make me happy. It SHOULD be ok, because I'm in a reasonably good place at the moment, aside from being ill and having an idiot doctor. However, last time I took on a 100 things task, it wasn't as easy as I thought...

So here I go: 100 things that make me happy...

1) knitting, and seeing a piece come together
2) reading vampire stories
3) being curled up with N
4) cuddling with Gadget (she was my cat, I've decided I'm allowed to use things that made me happy in the past)
5) eating ice-cream
6) getting my hair done by the fabulous D
7) sorting out paperwork, or correcting someone else's spelling mistakes
8) sitting in Lindsay Bar for seven hours with friends
9) putting DVDs or books into alphabetical order
10) sitting in Nero with a frappe
11) wandering around Abakhan Fabrics (or any yarn store) fondling pretty yarns
12) cross stitching, and seeing an image start to take shape
13) typing (I miss being able to write my stories, so I blog)
14) kissing
15) piping hot showers
16) having so much control over GKL's humiliation :P
17) sorting Smarties into colour
18) waking up in the arms of someone I care about
19) purple
20) quoting Monty Python, or Lee Evans, and collapsing into giggles with my sister J
21) ticking my other sister M til she's about to pee herself
22) sitting by the sea
23) walking or dancing in rain
24) buying new notebooks I have no purpose for
25) singing loudly to musicals
26) playing characters of dodgy morality in RPGs
27) getting tattoos
28) planning to get more tattoos
29) flirting
30) getting letters and emails that aren't just junk or admin
31) superman (in all forms)
32) remembering good memories
33) stickers
34) the "Reddy Brek" glow I get after a Brownies meeting
35) eBay
36) watching DVDs
37) going to the cinema
38) Subways (currently a BBQ rib on Italian with tomatoes, onion, sweetcorn and mayo)
39) chocolate (I can't believe I forgot about that til 39!)
40) quotes
41) doing something that makes my friends happy
42) Taybarns
43) so many of the things N does, I'm not gonna use them as more than one or two, just see my mushy post...
44) discovering a new hobby
45) looking for pairs on the poster of badges in my bathroom
46) (apologies in advance for the cliche but) kittens and puppies
47) finding and buying outrageously random items from charity shops (recent purchases include a giant white gorilla, a duck hand puppet that quacks songs, and a giant button)
48) the fact that I have so much junk on my walls
49) beating people at Scene It
50) writing letters
51) organising
52) there are lots of things that make me happy that are dirty, so the next three will be RUDE! You were warned... giving oral
53) violent sex
54) admiring my sex wounds
55) my random road trips with GKL, where we ALWAYS get lost (even if we know exactly where we're going) - except for the ones where we end up mad at each other
56) pizza
57) Christmas shopping
58) wrapping, and rewrapping Christmas presents
59) Circus of Horrors
60) reading vampire erotica
61) beating Lithuania
62) eating peanut butter out of the jar
63) sitting in the sun outside Keele library
64) making lists
65) the satisfaction of crossing things off lists
66) naming inanimate objects
67) seeing my stories and poems in print
68) watching Holy Grail, or Sinderella
69) hehe, giggling at stupid childish things like '69'
70) getting so lost in a book I read the whole thing in one session without meaning to
71) texting
72) seeing my boobs in a really great top
73) someone else commenting on how great my boobs look
74) cuddles
75) skin
76) when the magic machine in the wall gives me money
77) labeling things
78) being told I look like my grandmother
79) handing in a completed assignment
80) getting a strike while bowling
81) the smell of leather
82) webcomics
83) sorting out beads
84) llama llama duck
85) bitching about "talent" show contestants
86) the satisfaction you get after figuring out where you recognise someone from
87) knowing exactly where something is even if my room is a complete tip and feeling vindicated
88) Dave Gorman
89) looking through the photos on my computer and having flashbacks
90) arguing with morons online
91) the way my skin feels after dousing it in talcum powder
92) sniffing candles in Yankee Candle and having delights in front of my nose all day
93) doing quizzes
94) meat (it may be murder, but it's tasty)
95) dooce
96) lolcatz, and loldogz and all related lolz
97) Stewie Griffin
98) Writing in my code and confusing people
99) playing tense games online (currently The Colour of Money)
100) blogging

Phew! So not as easy as I thought. When am I gonna learn? 100 items New Things are never ever easy!

0 comments: