New Thing #11

Week 11: 9th March 2009 – 15th March 2009

Date:- all week
New Thing:- give up my phone for a week

Sun 9.30pm - Turned off mobile. Yelp!

Mon 2.30am - Woke up, automatically reached for phone, when it was off I went to turn it on (still half asleep) but caught myself in time.

Mon 7.09pm - Turned it on to get GKL's number, so I could call her from a payphone. Didn't read or send any messages so only a mild indiscretion.

Mon 9.30pm - One day! Woohoo! Six days to go. Not so woohoo.

Mon 9.50pm - Turned phone on to get some photos off it. Still no sending messages though.

Tues 1.30am - Starting to get antsy. Feel like texting N, but won't. Feels odd.

Tues 3.14pm - Just got back from uni. Was very odd. I'm used to coming out of lectures or meetings and automatically reaching to check my phone. I was convinced I heard my ringtone on the bus this morning. Plus, I had to wear a sodding watch.

Tues 9.30pm - Two days down, 5 to go. I'm getting there.

Wed 1.46am - Starting to miss N. He doesn't check his email often enough. I need to do this week, cos I won't have my mobile for 16 weeks while I'm in America, but if anything is gonna make me fail it'll be missing him. On the other hand, the ridiculing I'll get off him is enough to give me strength.

Wed 10.28pm - Turned phone on and texted N, but only because I came home from KURA to an email telling me that my exboyfriend has died. Bit of a shock, pushing me over the boundary of ill/tired/stressed into edgy and nearly episodey.

So I failed. I didn't last a week without my phone. But I did last 73 hours. Nearly halfway, but not quite. Still, no one said I needed to actually complete all my new things.

0 comments: