Random Act of Kindness

I love living in my flat on my own with Smudge. I know people are worried about the fact that I tend to isolate myself in here, and that I don't really go out more than once a fortnight on payday, but I'm quite happy with it. I like my own company, I like being safe from the world and its nastiness. But I do get lonely sometimes. Particularly when the post comes. I tend to only get bills, or junk mail. So often I won't go check it for days at a time.

Related to the post issue, I was concerned that I'd only get one or two Christmas cards this year (like last year), so I put a plea out on Ravelry. I run a couple of swap groups, one of which is huge! So I explained my situation and asked if anyone would send me a card.

Yesterday, I received a wonderful Halloween card from the girl who posts notebooks to me every fortnight. Her address was on the envelope, so I will most definitely write back to her at some point. But my favouritiest piece of post yesterday absolutely made my day.

First of all, the little package looked like this...



Is that not the most gorgeous package ever?! And it had this on the back...



There was no return address, I don't recognise the postcode or the handwriting either. Inside there was this adorable little guy.



There was no note, only this tag attacked to his foot.



I suppose it might be from anyone, but I do suspect it's a Raveler. I could investigate, but for now I'm not going to. I'm just going to say thank you. It really cheered me up :-)

1 comments:

What a lovely suprise!! :D