Food Fridays - Birthday Edition

Last Friday was my birthday. I spent it baking, in preparation for the food-themed celebration the next day.

I made this delicious cheesecake...



The base is chocolate chip cookies. The top is chocolate chip, with swirls of caramel ice cream sauce. Unfortunately, the topping didn't set. It stayed liquid, so the chocolate chips became more of a layer. It was delicious though.

Then I attempted to make a chocolate marshmallow crunch brownie thing.

Problem 1: I don't have a baking tin, so I ended up cooking it in a cake tin.
Problem 2: It took forever to cook, and by the time I gave up it was practically still liquid on the inside.
Problem 3: The marshmallow layer kept rolling off because it was in a cake tin and not a brownie pan, so they all ended up in the middle.



It may have been a disaster as a brownie, but it was scrumptious.



And then came my best bit of baking. Maple nut cookies. They were a little thin, because I think my mixture was too runny so they spread out too far. And they ended up stuck together in a big pile, but I don't have cooling racks and stacked them to cool, like a muppet. But, they are absolutely adorably scrumdiddlyumptious.



In other birthday baking related news, here's my birthday cake.



Jen made it. It was green :D

0 comments: