30 Day Meme - Day 16

Day 16 - a song that makes you cry.

Lots of songs get me emotional. The Take That song "Rule the World" from the movie "Stardust" which was mine and Neil's second date/first day. "As Long As You're Mine" from Wicked, which is a song I share with a very good, very important friend I'm no longer in contact with and who I miss very much. "For Good" from Wicked, which is one of mine and Jen's songs.

But they only make me cry if I'm already feeling low and emotional. The only song that actually makes me cry is "Old Rugged Cross." I'm not a religious person, but it was played at my Grandfather's funeral a few years ago. I never considered myself particularly close to him, but after a lot of family issues, when he died it was hard. Being at the funeral was hard too. I was feeling very lonely, and my sister was there with her boyfriend, and my mum had her sisters, and... it was a bad day. At the wake I texted my father to tell him I was at grandad's funeral and that I loved him (this was after a hundred years or so of us not talking). He replied that it was "reciprocated". The whole day was horrendous. And this song still makes me cry.

0 comments: