I have a flight!!

I adore my fabulous boyfriend. Yesterday a series of frantic phone calls and constant calculations led to a family friend lending me money, and my darling boyfriend putting himself at the bottom of his overdraft in order to get me the money for my flight.

Prior to that, N used his excellent search skills to find me a flight for £350, saving me £23. There was only 1 seat available though, and by the time I received the money it was gone. I ended up purchasing a flight from Delta via Opodo for £369.60, thanks to a magic glitch at the bank that put the payment through even though I only had £350 in the bank. The point is, I have a flight!!

I'm going to Maine :D If I fail the reassessment I may get sent back again, but I AM GOING!! (I'm ignoring the very small possibility that I might get refused a visa).

In other news, I am doing lots of history revision. I've settled on four areas, instead of trying to learn everything. I'm not sure whether I have to write an essay, or if I just need to do an exam, but four areas should cover me. I've chosen the founding of the republic, the civil war, world war 2 and the sixties. Cue lots and lots of research and note-taking.

Oh, and guess what. Last night I went to sleep at a reasonable time, I slept through the night, and now I'm awake in the morning. Woohoo! I'm attempting to get my body used to a regular sleeping pattern. At least try to, anyway.

2 comments:

You might wand to take into account that some airlines charge larger people for two seats due to a series of law suits from people who suffered injury as a result of having no room due to someone taking up half their seat. No idea what the threshold is but 27stone may be approaching it.

 

thanks for the comment, i think. i'm vaguely offended. nothing on the airline's website or any booking website, or any other airline's website has mentioned this. and i may weigh a lot, but i don't look anywhere near that. i'm not the sort to take up two seats thank you.