New Thing # 20

Date:- June 10th 2009
New Thing:- swap ipod contents with someone.

For new thing # 20 I chose to swap ipod contents with someone, namely N. Aside from the fact that I don't have an ipod (I have an mp3 player) and neither does N, it went pretty smoothly. He didn't care about getting my contents, so he just copied his music onto my laptop for me.

The idea of the challenge is to broaden your musical horizons. To listen to the music that someone else listens to, and perhaps discover songs/artists/styles that you never knew you liked, that all of a sudden you love. I'm not quite finished listening to N's music yet - he gave me more than 400 songs. Some of it is already my style, some of it I already have - like Dragonforce. Some of it is downright weird. But there are a few artists I've copied and added to my own music collection.

It's an interesting concept, swapping music with someone. It gives me more of an insight into that person. N has some music that I'd never thought he'd listen to in a million years. He's slightly more eccentric than I thought. I'm tempted to do this challenge again, although it won't count as a new thing, of course. When I decided to do it, the first person who came to mind was C. He listens to primarily Japanese music. I was interested to see if I'd enjoy it. But I never got a chance to speak to him about it before he went home for the summer. I might try next year.

0 comments: