New Thing # 19

Date:- 29th May 2009
New Thing:- the match box competition

When you were a child, were you ever challenged to see how many items you could fit into a match box? I don't think I've ever done it and I decided I'd try it for a new thing. It's always more fun as a competition though, so I roped GKL in to do it with me. I gave each of us and empty match box, told her we had two days, and offered her a tenner if she could beat me.

Here's my result...



It all fit into the match box, honest. Here's a list:

- plaster
- pendant of a bat
- hairband
- pro plus tablet
- a match
- laptop key
- xmas light bulb
- one reese's piece
- googly eye
- counter
- mini battery
- silver ball
- red bead
- nail
- button
- picture hook
- sticky star
- sequin
- screw
- staple
- needle
- pin
- 5 pence
- safety pin
- guiding badge
- small piece of plastic
- little purple hoop doodad

That, if my maths is correct, is 27 items in a match box.

Here's GKL's...



And here's her list:

- bottle lid
- tiny flower
- ring pull
- stamp
- biro tip
- bobby pin
- paper
- needle
- pin
- pearl bead
- hair slide
- rice krispie
- green gem
- badge back
- 5 pence
- pill
- earring
- nose stud
- tongue stud
- tiny gift
- silver ball
- keyring ring

And that, if my maths is correct, is only 22 items in a match box, so I win!!!

0 comments: