New Thing: Challenge # 47

Challenge 47 - Embroider on card

I've been running out of ideas for challenges, so I asked Cayden to suggest one. He went with his latest crafting craze, which is transferring a picture to cardboard via pinholes, and then sewing it.



I chose a simple blackwork cross, and copied it onto squared paper. Then I layered it with some sparkly red card on a nice piece of foam, and attacked it with a pin.



I was tempted to not sew it, and to just stick it up on the window, cos it gives such a pretty pattern (sorry about the blurry)...



But the challenge was to sew it, and sew it I did. When you think of sewing up holes in cardboard, you tend to think of those kiddy embroidery kits, but it was so not as easy as it sounds. When you sew on aida, you can drag the needle across the holes on the back side, to find the right point, but it's not as easy as that on card. And you distort the holes really easily, which is very frustrating. But I did it, and I think it came out quite well.



You can't really see the sparkly in the picture, but the paper is all glittery and lovely.

Current saved total: £90
Current donated total: £145

0 comments: