Food Fridays

So, while I was at Mum's for the week just recently, her neighbour Linda asked me to make her a banana cream pie. There was all kinds of hassle with the base. Mum went to Tesco to get the ingredients, but they didn't have any sweet pie cases, so she got a savory one, a flan base AND a pack of frozen filo pastry, just in case.

The flan was a disaster. Mum had brought a can of cherries and some jelly for me to make dessert for the Sunday roast. Except that the can of cherries didn't spread far enough, and I didn't wait for the jelly to set, so it just soaked straight into the flan case. Oh well, I don't like cherries anyway.

I used the savory pie case to make a quiche, with leftover chicken from the roast. It was my first ever quiche. Chicken, sweetcorn, cheese and lots of paprika. I wanted to put some red onion in as well, for colour, but mum forgot to buy some. It was delicious. I'm very proud of the quiche. Plan on making some more.



So, I used the filo pastry for the banana cream pie. I've never used filo before, but there were instructions in the box. It's very fragile that stuff, but it tasted okay. For the banana cream bit, I tend to use cheesecake topping. It's delicious. And since my sister got me the electric handwhisk I wanted for my birthday, it was easy to mix up. The pie didn't exactly look grand, but it tasted scrumptious.

0 comments: