Minor Triumphs

I've been feeling really proud of myself for what I've acheived this week. I had a moment of thinking that I shouldn't be proud, because it's all things that normal people do without even thinking about it. But I'm not a normal person. I have trouble waking up in the morning, let alone doing anything else. So my triumphs are pretty huge for me.

Whereas I normally only go out once a fortnight, I've left the house five of the last six days.

I've managed to catch up with all of my washing up, and keep it from piling up again.

I cleaned half of my kitchen, which admittedly is not my whole kitchen, but half is better than I normally get done.

I've remembered to brush my teeth every night. As gross as it sounds, that's something I forget to do a lot.

I got my new glasses yesterday, and I've been wearing them like I'm supposed to as well.

I've finished lots of craft projects.

When I emptied the bins, I didn't leave the bags at the top of the stairs for the next time I went down, like I normally do. I actually took them down.

As I say, none of it is huge, but it's pretty impressive for me. Especially since I've been ill. The bladder infection cleared itself up overnight on Wednesday, and I finally managed to get some sleep. Which is just as well since I slept through the alarm and missed my doctor's appointment. I also managed to get a cold that day, and am all stuffy and runny and gross at the moment.

But generally, things are good :-)

0 comments: