Wordsmith Wednesdays

Hey, me again. And here's some more of my old writing. This time, have a poem. A bajillion years ago I was doing an English Literature course at college, and the lecturer asked us to bring in a poem. Being me, I decided to write one. Next lesson, the lecturer is telling everyone about what the author meant by this bit, and the hidden messages in that bit. And I'm sat there going "no I didn't." I always new English Literature teaching was rubbish.

The Last of His Kind

He hides high in the mountains,
Watching Humanity evolve.
Towns and cities move nearer,
And loneliness attacks.

He knows that he is the last,
And he is scared.
For when these creatures find him,
He knows what they will do.

Wars will rage over him,
Zoos and governments and science.
Who will make the money,
That he is sure to attract?

But though his heart may beat cold,
And his breath may burn,
His soul is eternal,
And he will never be tamed.

His flight will guide him,
Away from mortality.
And the last of his kind,
Will remain a myth.

In millennia to come,
As in millennia past,
He will watch over the sea,
The sky and the stars.

For he is the champion,
In scales of silver.
He is the knight,
Who keep Magic alive.

0 comments: