New Thing: Challenge # 36

Challenge 36: write 5 'Dear Stranger' letters and leave them to be found

I wrote this out on five different coloured notecards...

Dear Stranger,

First of all, well done for being brave and opening this! Yes, it WAS meant for you :-) I hope your day is going well, and that everything is working out for you. Please remember that whatever is bothering you is not as bad as you think it is.

My name is Cleo and I've left this letter as part of a challenge. My intention is to reach out to people I wouldn't normally be in contact with, to bend my own comfort barriers, and perhaps to make someone else's day a little bit better. I'm not sure what kind of person will pick this up, so let me try one or two things.

1) Try not to start singing "it's the final countdown" in your head.
2) You just lost the game.
3) Do any of these mean anything to you? MLIA? FML? IMMD?

Perhaps none of those made you smile, and perhaps you're shaking your head trying to figure out what sort of weirdo would leave a letter for a stranger, but you're still reading, so thank you :-) Thank you for persisting, and thank you for participating in my little experiment.

Cleo


I left my email address in case anyone wanted to contact me too.

I left the red one on the 101 bus, and actually witnessed an old guy open it, read it and then stuff it in his bag. I left the green one in the pattern display case at Abakhan Fabrics. I put the blue one in the magazine rack in W H Smiths. I put the orange one between some cushions at Costa Coffee, and Jen planted the yellow one at the meeting place she went to Tuesday evening.

No emails as yet.

Current saved total: £70
Current donated total: £105

0 comments: