The length of my writer's block

I have these notebooks where I keep handwritten copies of all the poems that I write. Today I got around to writing those haikus in it. Before those, do you know when the last poem that I wrote was?

October 2008. That's before I even started this blog. It's been a long, long, long time since I've written anything.

I want to be a better writer. I really do. I have "wordsmith" in a tattoo on my back, and I mean it. I just have this wonderful tendency to avoid things that are difficult or painful. So I've avoided the writers' block and dealing with it.

One of the things I have on my "to do" list is to go through all my writing as first drafts. I should do that. Some of those haikus were actually pretty good. With a bit of revision and editing they could be actual poems.

I think I'm going to add a day in my diary, once a month, to work on old pieces and do writing exercises and things. We'll see how that goes.

1 comments:

Мнение потрясающая, поддерживаю. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-metodakh-v-stroitelstve/103-metody-stroitelstva.html]ремонт однокомнатной квартиры[/url]