10 Days of Haikus

So I'm trying to blog at least once everyday. Aside from making the bloga little more interesting to read, and also because I'm trying to give myself more of a routine. I have checklists of certain things I want to make sure I do every day.

Usually I have an update for Project 200 or the Discworldathon, or some other randomness to blog about. For days that I don't, I have a list of blog memes/challenges and things. This is the first one.

10 Days of Haikus.

A haiku is a Japanese form of poetry characterised most famously by its structure of 3 lines and 17 vowels. The first line has 5 vowels, the second line has 7 vowels and the third line has 5 vowels. They're short and succinct, but that does NOT make them easy to write. I'm going to attempt to write one a day for the next 10 days.

An extra challenge is that I haven't actually written any poetry in years. I've had writers' block for a good 5 years at least. So wish me luck.

Here's haiku number one:

Sweet potato pie
A crazy mess to create
Delicious to taste

0 comments: