New Thing: Challenge # 18

Challenge 18 – Knit a Sock

This was a two week challenge, but yet again I’m pre-emptively failing myself.

I started it! I found very detailed and picture-heavy instructions and followed them carefully. I cast on, I started. I got the hang of using dpns (double pointed needles for the uninitiated). I struggled through 2x2 rib in really teeny tiny and I went round and round and round. My joins weren’t too great, but I did it.

I had one inch down of eight inches of ribbing and took my sock to Taybarns to work on while chatting. And all the stitches fell off. :-(

I still have a week, but I’m working on a really big project at the moment and just don’t have the heart to restart it. It’s going back in the box and I might pick it again one day.

Current saved total: £30
Current donated total: £60

0 comments: