HSKS update

Because of my computer issues, and then the internet issues, I haven’t been keeping up to date with the HSKS. It sucks, majorly, because I love the roleplay of this swap. I was really, REALLY looking forward to playing quidditch. I was going to be the seeker, but I’ve managed to miss every single game. I could follow the forum posts on my phone, but I couldn’t post any messages. Most frustrating.

Most of the homework I’ve missed was generally swap blogging, but there are two classes I’ve done here.

Week 6 – Potions

Part one...

I've used internet pictures for two reasons. First of all, I have no plants in the house and the chances of me getting out of the house anytime soon are pretty slim. Secondly, it's too late for the extra points anyway.


This one is Rambling Red Wine, and can be used in potions to ease hangovers.


This is Spider's Delight and is used in potions for dealing with insect infestations.


This is a Butterfly Plant and is used by broomstick manufacturers in the varnish they apply to the brooms.


This is Jellyfishia, and is very toxic. If used in a potion, it will create a burning, stinging sensation when applied to skin.


This is a Sunburst. When dried and ground, its powder can be thrown into fires to increase the light and heat radiating from it. Especially good for small campfires that just aren't warm enough.

Part two...


a. Sneezewort, scurvy grass and lovage are used to make confusing draft, NOT allergen solution, babbling befuddlement or wandering agent.
b. Porcupine quills must be added to Boil Cure Potion AFTER it is removed from the fire.
c. Draught of Living Death should change from deep purple, to lilac, to clear as water during brewing.
d. Adding belladonna to the Draught of Peace would bring permanent peace because it is poisonous.
e. Chopped daisy roots, skinned shrivel-fig, sliced caterpillar, one rat spleen and a dash of leech juice are all ingredients to shrinking solution.

Part three...

This part was to show the ingredients and methods used for one of my own potions. I don't have any ingredients in at the moment, so here are internet pictures.

Potion: Fruit Funblast

Fill a glass with one third Archer's Peach Schnapps...

...one third orange juice...

...one third apple juice...

...and a VERY generous splash of rum!


Week 9 – Arithmancy

Puzzle 1 = Dobby
Puzzle 2 = Harry Potter
Puzzle 3 = Hog’s Head

0 comments: