New Things # 6

Week 6: 2nd February 2009 – 8th February 2009

Date:- February 5th 2009
New Thing:- learn to crochet

Since GKL and I set up Keele Stitch and Bitch last year, I’ve been subjected to stitch crafts beyond the embroidery I’ve always done. In October I gave in and let GKL teach me how to knit. This resulted in a very time consuming and expensive addiction, I mean, hobby. This week I gave in and let C teach me how to crochet. I have yet to discover if it will become another addiction/hobby.

I used Cayden’s pretty purple size 4.0mm crochet hook and a small ball of red yarn from the KSB stash…



And, eventually, managed to create a simple chain. I’d previously looked this up on YouTube and had a vague idea of what I was doing so I didn’t find this part too difficult. I could chain all day. If there was nothing more to crochet then I’d be fine. Admire my chain:-



But there is another part. You crochet into the first chain. I didn’t manage this well on the day. All I got was a big knot. But, trying again a few days later I did a bit better…



Now all I need to do is practice, and find out what’s next.

0 comments: