New Thing: Challenge # 51

Challenge 51 - Go 24 hours without saying a certain word

Now, I'm a little bit obsessed with Christmas. I LOVE it, and I can't stop thinking or talking about it. So my challenge this week was to go 24 hours without saying the words "Christmas" or "Santa".

I waited until Thursday (today) to do this, because I'd be with Mum and Michaela, and would therefore have adjudication. Here's how it went...

Midnight - Okay, I'm still awake and chatting with Michaela about "Easter".
2am - I fall asleep
4.30am - I wake up and can't get back to sleep.
6.00am - Mum gets up so I make her a cup of coffee
6.30am - Mum and I are talking about tv and I mention considering watching a BBC "Truth about Christmas Carols" special
6.31am - Facepalm

D'oh. I failed. Miserably. I lasted six hours! If I'd been able to sleep longer, I might have lasted longer.

One more challenge to go!!

Current saved total: £95
Current donated total: £160

0 comments: